- You must thank the person who nominated you
- Link back to the original post (the one on this blog) and use the graphic provided.
- Answer the questions given
- Nominate at least 3 people. (or more if you’re feeling like a nice person)
- Give the nominees 10 questions to answer (or use the ones previously given)
- HAVE FUN!
The Questions (and Answers :P)
What is your favorite Christmas dessert?
Oooh… I have so many favourites! I think, though, I’d have to go for cookies (either gingerbread or the ‘christmas pudding’ cookies my family makes) with hot chocolate! You can’t beat the simple things! 😀
Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
No. (unless you’re counting my sister’s birthday presents). But we do have some special Christmas Eve traditions – like watching a movie together, reading a story by candlelight, and laying our stockings out under the tree.
How do you decorate your house for Christmas?
Right now, we have a fully decked out tree in the sitting room (16+ years of ornaments x8 is nothing to sniff at, I tell you), a huge fir-tree with lights in the garden, and other decorations and christmassy things scattered around. So, it’s like a wonderful explosion of Christmas – as soon as December hits.
Have you ever built a snowman?
Oh yes! Even when there’s only been the tiniest scraping of snow and it’s had to be a mini one. I will admit, though, my snowmen tend to actually be painstakingly created snow-dragons, rather than men. Dragons really are a favourite thing of mine, and so whenever there’s enough snow, you can bet a snow-dragon will appear somewhere near me!
Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Fake. It has been for as long as I can remember, and I don’t think there’s a particular reason as to why!
What do you like to do on Christmas break?
Ice skating is the best! I love going skating with my family and friends. I also like to watch Christmas movies, buy and wrap all my presents for the people I love, and read a lot of Christmassy books. For me, Christmas is a time of craft, coziness and creativity, and it really is fantastic!
What is your favorite Christmas movie?
Definitely ‘The Snowman’. I also love ‘The Snowman and the Snowdog’, and watching ‘Home Alone’ has become a tradition in our house.
Where do you normally spend Christmas?
At home. We usually see my mum’s side of the family on Christmas day (they come to us), and then go and see my dad’s side of the family another day. So Christmas day is full of family and home for us. 🙂
What is your favorite Christmas song?
This Christmas, I’m loving Pentatonix’s version of ‘Mary Did You Know?’ I also love anything Piano Guys/Lindsey Stirling that is related to Christmas!
Be honest: Do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts?
Now, I’m never going to say that I don’t like receiving gifts. But there’s just something about selecting and giving the perfect gift that is just one of the best feelings of all. So I’m going to have to say that I prefer giving gifts – I love the hunt for the perfect gift, the anticipation about giving it, and then getting to see the look on a loved one’s face when they open your gift – nothing can beat it!
- Hannah @The Way of Delight
- Mya @Life From Behind a Camera
- And… anyone else, follower or not, who’d like to partake in this tag!
- What’s your favourite Christmas tradition?
- What’s one book your Christmas isn’t complete without?
- Do you have a favourite Christmas decoration?
- Ice skating or sledding?
- What is the thing you dislike the most about the Christmas season?
- What’s the best (Christmas) gift you’ve ever received?
- What are you most excited about this Christmas?
- When do you start playing Christmas music? Thanksgiving? Christmas Eve?
- What is your earliest Christmassy memory?
- Cheesiest Christmas movie you’ve ever watched?
Thank you for reading! What’s the best thing about this December for you so far? Let’s chat!